Who Are We and What Do We Do?
Firstly, welcome to the guild! This page is devoted to orientating new joiners to the guild to who we are and how we operate. Firstly, the guild categories itself as a Casual Hardcore Heroic Raiding Guild and you’re probably thinking ‘WTF does that mean?’ right?
We’re casual in respect that we only raid twice a week for a total of 5 hours and we organise our play time around our work, school and family commitments. A good proportion of our guild have families and young children so we don’t have a problem if someone needs to go afk mid raid due to their children falling out of bed (lol). We want to emphasise the fact that we are not elitist, if someone makes a mistake it’s not a big deal.
We say hardcore because we like and want to play to the best of our abilities and expect everyone to be as optimised as possible by the use of character dps simulations. But we don’t expect to be at this level from the get go. We coach players in tactics and how to optimise.
We are a heroic raiding guild. We need to emphasise to new joiners that we have no intention on raiding mythic as progression content (maybe kill the first couple of bosses) as our play time is precious to us, we like playing ALTS and farming for the items we want. If Mythic raiding is what you want to be doing, this isn’t the guild for you, we’re sorry.
As a guild we also play party games like Jackbox Party or Cards Against Humanity, meet up in real life, go to LAN events and have general banter. As a community we have a community WhatsApp group which allows us to organise our free time and to chat outside of game. Access to the WhatsApp group will be made available once you become more a part of the community.
Thank you for reading this far, please could you ensure you have joined our discord server and say hello as we use discord as our primary method to communicate and organise Mythic+ runs. If you’re shy or anxious to speak, don’t worry, listen to start with until you get comfortable to chat 🙂
Again, welcome to the guild 🙂
If you need any assistance you can speak to our guild master or one of officers who are:
- Guild Master
- Kurt – Character names: Truk, Hastati & Culluh
- Nags – Character names: Anzark, Anzarz & Anzlock
- Jarvis – Character names: Miltraeh & Micatar
- Tom – Character name: Schuppenboer
Our raiding days are:
- Tuesday @ 21:00 – 23:30 (Server Time) (20:00 – 22:30 UK Time)
- Thursday @ 21:00 – 23:30 (Server Time) (20:00 – 22:30 UK Time)
Once you’re flagged as a ‘Probational Raider’ rank or higher, we use the method of assumed raid attendance. This means that it’s assumed that you are coming to a raid unless you inform a GM or Officer that you can’t make it. Leaving a message in discord or WhatsApp is the preferred method.
We have only a few rules which has helped us set the level of behavior from each guild member:
- Be excellent to each other (Don’t be a dick)
- No TV/Movie/Game/Life spoilers
- No NSFW content in WoW guild chat or Community WhatsApp (Discord is fine)
- No abuse of the mention function in Discord or WhatsApp
Your Next Actions
So now what? You’ve read this page; well here is a list of a few things you should do:
- Join the guild Discord server.
- Authenicate with the discord server by reading the content of the #Welcome channel and performing any actions required.
- Head into the ‘introduce-yourself‘ channel of Discord and introduce yourself using the pinned template.
- Once you’ve done step 3, a guild officer will promote your rank to a guild member.
- Get involved! say hello! Talk to people! Chat to people! Ask people to join you for a mythic dungeon.